Hello Royal Ones. We are starting a HEALTHY VEGAN CHALLENGE starting October 1st.
What: A vegan is a person that is solely on a plant based diet. This person does NOT consume ANY animal products including, eggs, dairy products & honey.
- For the animals – Over 56 billion & a trillion of marine animals farmed animals are killed every year by humans are us
- For your health – A plant based diet may reduce your risk for obesity, heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
- For the environment – A vegan lifestyle can lower your carbon footprint.
- For the people – A plant based diet requires only one third of the land needed to support a meat and dairy diet.
Here’s a few tips to help you along your 31 day journey.
- Consume whole foods. There are many processed foods that are vegan. Shopping for fresh & frozen produce are the best way to make sure you are being a HEALTHY vegan
- Read the food label. There can be hidden animal products in some foods you may think are plant based. Read the label and make sure the product is 100% vegan. Watch out for ingredients like lard, gelatin, chicken broth, etc.
- Find alternatives. You don’t have to deprive yourself from your favorite foods. You can find substitutes to replace animal products that maybe needed to make some meals. For example, you can swap eggs for applesauce, milk for almond milk, butter for olive oil and so forth.
Check out our holistic vegan grocery list as a guide for these next 31 days.