Life is full of excitement, along with plenty of test, challenges and opportunities. Many of the decisions you make and the actions you take, or the lack thereof, will have a major impact on your future. Practicing the following tips and tools will improve your performance and productivity.
- Create a positive environment. Any living organism requires favorable environment in order to grow. Be diligent about what you want to grow in your life. Choose your friends wisely and be careful who you listen to, who you connect with and what you watch.
- Eat a well balanced diet, exercise and get enough sleep. The mind and body are connected. If you want to feel your best mentally, take good care of your body.
- Prioritize and balance your responsibilities, manage your time and get organized. Stop wasting time! “If you’re not working on important things, you’re wasting time.” (Dean Kamen) Remember time lost cannot be regained. Establish a routine and utilize a to-do-list or calendar to plan out your day and week. Be sure you set aside time for activities that help you relax and de-stress.
- Find the ideal place to get work done. A change in scenery will minimize distractions.
- Don’t procrastinate and work hard. I know it’s easier said than done but give yourself deadlines, set goals for yourself and then make sure you work as hard as you can to achieve them.
- Take advantage of all that life has to offer. This year I challenge you to take a chance. I encourage everyone to experience something new, something different, something more. Read a book, work on your hobby, perfect a skill and get to know the people around you.
- Stop doubting and comparing yourself to others. “It is not about the race to the end, but instead what you learn [and accomplish] each step in the journey.”(Martha O’Connell) God wants you to live an abundant, prosperous life. He wants you to fulfill your God-given purpose and to walk out the dreams He’s placed in your heart. So have fun and learn as much as you can. It is going to be a bumpy ride. Still, I promise you, the journey is rewarding and definitely worth it. Despite the challenges, persevere and never give up!
Peace King & Queens.